Hello! This is a weekend and I have thought to make something sweet today. Nan-Khatai is a kind of Biscuits/cookies made in India. Kids as well as elder ones love it. This is one of the quick and easiest recipe. So, let’s get started?
- Preparation time : 10/15mins
- Cooking time : 30/35 mins
- Serves : 3 people
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup gram flour
- 1/2 cup soji/wheat flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup ghee/clarified butter
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp curd
- 1 spoon milk
- chopped almonds/pistachios
- 2 tsp coco powder – optional for chocolate lovers
- Take a bowl. Add sugar powder, curd and ghee in it and mix well. You can use electric grinder/food processor/hands for same.
- Add all flours, cardamom powder, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla essence, coco-powder(if to make chocolate flavored) and milk in above and mix well.
- Make a dough of it. This dough shouldn’t be too soft or hard.
- Divide the dough in 10/12 equal portions.
- Make flat surface balls out of it. If you are making this first time make sure you don’t make it thick as they should be baked properly inner side.
- Preheat the oven on convection at 160 degree.
- Place the balls 5 cms apart on a baking stand. Garnish these balls with chooped almonds/pistachio on upper surface.
- Bake at 160 degree for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂