It’s a Monday today & I got a chance to get home early from office! So, I thought to cook something interesting for dinner. I checked refrigerator and ended up with boring vegetable – Cabbage 😀 Yeah, I know, many people hate it. So here is a recipe for you which can be cooked for dinner/lunch…
- Preparation time : 15 mins
- Cooking time : 30 mins
- Serves : 3-4 people
For balls –
- 2 cups grated cabbage – grinder can be used for same
- paste of 2-3 red chili, 1 small portion of ginger and 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp coriander seeds powder
- 1 spoon red chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 cup gram flour
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1 cup of oil for deep fry
For curry –
- 2 medium size onion puree
- 2 small size tomato puree
- paste of small portion of ginger and 2-3 green chili
- 2 tbsp roasted gram flour
- salt for taste – 1 tsp
- 1 tsp Garam masala – which is a powder made up of cumin seeds, Lavang/cloves, black pepper, coriander seeds, bay-leaf, cinnamon etc.
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp paste of cashew nuts and Currant
- 1 tsp Everest’s Meat masala/kitchen king masala – optional
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 300 ml warm water
- Take all the ingredients mentioned for balls in a plate or bowl. Mix it and form a smooth dough. Flours can be added as per requirement to make it malleable.
- Now, divide this dough in small equal portions and make small round balls out of it. Usually 10-15 balls will be formed.
- Heat oil in pan. Deep fry these balls in oil till turns to golden brown.Drain on tissue paper. Make sure to deep fry them on low flame. Also, don’t over crowed to avoid sticking.
- For Curry, heat oil in a pan. Add bay leaf. Add onion puree & paste of ginger and green chili. Add paste of cashew nuts and Currant. Stir for 2-3 mins.
- After this, add tomato puree. Stir and let it fry for 1-2 mins.
- Now add garam masala, turmeric powder, other masala. Cook for more 2-3 mins.
- Add warm water and fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add gram flour. Mix it well to avoid lumps.
- Add balls. Cook for 4-5mins and Kofta Curry is ready!
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve with bread/Roti/Paratha/Rice 🙂