Happy Sunday people! I am loving my weekend so far and hope you too. I am here again with a recipe called as Curd (Yogurt) Rice. This is a perfect combination recipe I have learnt from one of my friend. No matter you like this or not before but once you try, you will love it! Let’s get started..
- Preparation time : 10 mins
- Cooking time : 10 mins
- Serves : 3-4 people
- 1 bowl steamed rice – Add salt as per taste while steaming
- 1/2 medium size bowl Curd/Yogurt – approx 100-150 grams
- 1/2 cup milk
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp split black gram
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp chopped coriander
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 dried chili called as talneechya mirchya – These chilies are dried chilies filled up with asafoetida and salt,. if not available use asafoetida and dry chili for same
- Add milk and yogurt in steamed rice. Stir well.
- Add curry leaves on top of mixed rice. Keep aside for a while.
- Now heat oil in a pan. Add black grams, mustard seeds & cumin seeds in it. Stir till turns to golden grown. Add dried chilies and turn off flame.
- Add this in the bowl of rice and mix well.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve.
You can add grated vegetables like carrot/cucumber as per your likes.
Try this recipe and let me know in comments how it tastes. Don’t forget to like it 🙂