Hey all, good evening! Today is a bit lazy day as it’s raining continuously. I thought to cook something quick and yummy.
So let’s target Indian Pasta called as “VaranFal” or “Chikolya”. It’s basically a curry/dal made up of pulses with some diamond shaped piece of wheat dough. Hence high protien and dietary fiber.
Let’s get started…
- Preparation time : 10-15 mins
- Cooking time : 25 mins
- Serves : 3 people
- Wheat dough – around 200 gms
- 3/4 th medium size bowl spilt pigeon peas ( Toor Dal)
- 1/4 th medium size red lentils ( Masoor Dal)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 pinch of turmeric powder
- 4-5 sliced garlic
- 4 green chilis, 1 dry red chili if available
- 2 tbsp salt
- 3-4 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp curry leaves
- 1 small piece of jaggery
- Little amount of tamarind
- 1 medium size sliced tomato
- 1 tbsp clarified butter
- 1 pinch of asafoetida
- Take a pressure cook. Add split peas, red lentils, tomato, green chilies, tamarind and water in it. Cook this for 7-10 mins. Smash the mixture once boiled.
- Make different shapes from wheat dough. You can make directly by hands or by rolling it with rolling pin and making small cuts with help of knife.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, Cummings seeds, garlic, curry leaves, red dried chili, turmeric powder and pinch of asafoetida in it. Fry it.
- Now add jaggery and water (around 250ml) in it. Add smashed lentils and peas in it. Mix well.
- Once mixture starts heating, add wheat shapes in pan.
- Add salt for taste.
- Cook this for 10 mins.
- Add 1 tbsp of clarified butter.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander and serve in a plate for dinner!
Enjoy your food!