This is one of my favourite and healthy recipe I always go for! It tastes yummy and you should try it for sure 🙂
Let’s get started..
Preparation time : 15 mins + 1 day prior planning
- Cooking time : 10 mins
- Serves 3-4 people
For Batter –
- 2 bowl rice
- 1 bowl Chickpeas split/Split Bengal gram/Chana Dal
- 1/2 bowl Black Gram Lentils, Split and skinned /Urad Dal
For cooking –
- 1 cup of soaked and smashed Flattened rice
- 1 medium size finely chopped tomato
- 1 medium size finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 tsp green chili paste
- salt for taste
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- Appe pan – Is a special no stick pan of 7-8 round shaped slots specially for appe making.
- Soak rice and both lentils for 6-7 hours in water. You can do this in morning time to evening time. So that in evening you can make a paste of these.
- Now, grind rice and lentils in mixer and keep whole night for fragmentation.
- Next day morning, take this batter and stir well. Add water if necessary. Batter should not be too thick or thin.
- Now add soaked flattened rice, chopped tomato, onion, coriander, green chili paste, salt and baking soda in it. Mix well.
- Now heat Appe pan. Add oil in it and then pour appe batter in each slot.
- Cook them from both side till turns golden brown.
- Serve it with chutney or sauce or ketchup.
Happy weekend my friends 🙂 Cheer$..!