Once your baby completes six months, the very first milestone, you can start giving her/him other food than milk. We have many options available in the market for instant food. But they have preservatives and hence it’s always best to go for home made food.
Below is the recipe to prepare homemade Cerelac with nutritional pulses and lentils.
- 1 bowl of rice
- 1/2 bowl of split green gram/moong daal
- 1/4 bowl of piegon pea/red gram/tur dal
- 1/4 bowl of split red lentils/ laal masoor
- 1/4 bowl of white lentil/ urid daal
- 1/4 bowl of Pearl millet/bajari and sorghum bicolod/jowar
- 1/4 bowl of finger millet/nachani
- 100gms cumin seeds/jeera
- 1/4 bowl of wheat
- Mix all the ingredients in the plate and wash them out.
- Dry this mixture in sun for 1-2 day or till dry.
- Now, roast this mixture on low flame in a pan.
- Grind the mixture in the grinder.
You can decide the texture of powder depending on the age of baby i.e. his ability to eat food.
You can use this powder as instant-cooking food. Recipe for same is shared in the next blog post. Please check.
My baby loves this very much and I highly recommend this as it’s very healthy and tasty.