Continuing to my previous blog recipe, after making instant baby food powder, now let’s see the recipe to cook it.
- 2 tsp Cerelac homemade powder – find the recipe here
- 1 cup/bowl water
- 2 tsp ghee/clarified butter
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric powder as per taste
- Tomato slices/spinach leaves/ carrot slices/fenugreek leaves/ or any veggie if you wish to add
- Heat the bowl on gas.
- Now add clarified butter, Cerelac powder, salt as per taste, turmeric powder as per taste and tomato slices or any veggie you wish to add. Stir it for a minute.
- Now add water in it.
- Keep stirring it because it will form lumps otherwise.
[wpvideo DLxD59wM data-temp-aztec-id=”a50272bf-3cef-4f69-bb41-8b498f6474b4″]
- Stir it till it forms a good consumable texture.
[wpvideo N6xEW0lx class=”data-temp-aztec-video”]
- Serve to a baby when lukewarm.
Important tips –
- Veggies add extra nutrition to food so every time you make it, try to add different veggies for taste and nutrition.
- You can also make a fine powder of dry fruits and use in this.
- The texture of this should be according to your baby age. Like initially just after 6 months make it like a soup. Gradually you can increase thickness.
- Once your baby is above 8 months, you can also add spices like garlic or curry leaves or Cumin seeds, etc for a change.